Unravel

We rejoiced as we mourned: this happiness hurts,
Planets apart, but entwined in our thirst.
I held and believed our promises, truly,
But look where we got ourselves stranded.

Swinging so slowly, from fire to furnace -
You love me so dearly, so why must we do this?

Whilst I fuelled the flame in those deep hungry eyes,
You broke me and fated us both to demise.
I want you, I need you, you tear me apart.
How can you leave me bleeding?

Swinging so slowly, from fire to furnace -
I love you so dearly, please don't let us do this.

Hope haunts Regret; they will taunt for an age,
For I was surviving, though cold and afraid.
Yet you consumed me and as warmth engulfed, I choked on those sweet precious words;
So sweet, so pure, so sure...

Does it hurt you like it hurts me to be wrapped up in your arms?
The darkness of dying overshadows the way I feel safe.
Yes we gave up, we fought, we gave up, we fell
And now the bones lay lifeless, the flesh and blood stolen.

My lifeline is your heartbeat, my lungs feel you breathe,
Your body is my shelter, it's your blood I bleed.
Your eyes thrive in mine, our palms and our chests are one,
And I'm so sorry, as we watch our heart crumble away.



Zoë Grace
April 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis.

Heavy heart.

Love your friends, die laughing.